You would think after over 2 months of having to wake up early and be out the door by 6:20 at the latest, waking up early would become routine. Definitately not the case for me. I just want to bury myself under the covers and sleep the day away especially since it has been cold,dark and snowy outside . After months about posting about wanting to have a desk, I finally bought one since I will be working from home . Right now I pretty much have my ideal desk layout, however once I’m working remotely, I will be gifted with dual monitors and a clunky phone which will probably take up all of the space on my desk so I am enjoying the space while I can. Garrett bought himself a new desk too since his was starting to break and also to justify the $100 delivery fee since we live no where near Ikea.
Garrett took the day off to accept delivery and assembled both desks by himself. To be honest, I was a little worried on what the quality would be like for the desk, but I’m pleasantly surprised at how solid it feels. I wish cabinet door had a back to it instead of being open and the desk has a smooth, but rough texture that attracts Annabell’s fur, but therwise I am happy with how it looks. It has a decent amount of storage space for all my office supplies and more and just fits against the wall between the window and Garrett’s closet.
Get The look
- Desk- I was going between a few different desks from Ikea. I knew I wanted it to be white, compact, and a fairly minimal design. I am happy with the choice that I went with.
- Chair-I ended up with an armless chair since I figured it would be easier to sit upright and push my chair under the desk. I found my chair at TJ Maxx, but this chair from Bed,Bath,& Beyond is identical, if not the same chair.
- Faux Fur Throw- While I love the look of these faux fur chairs from PB Teen (1 2)it’s a little outside of my budget. A great way to get this look is a faux fur throw. I ended up picking up this one from Target and I couldn’t be happier with it. If your feeling crafy, there are some DIY videos and articles on how to make your own as well.
- Desk Accessories-I ended up getting lucky and finding a pen cup, small organizer tray,and a tape dispenser by Poppin at Marshalls. Another great option for fun desk accessories is Ban.do which has everything from pens, tape, and a bunch of cute notebooks and planners .
- Pens-While I love a good ol’ Bic pen, I am loving pens in bright fun prints like these Lily Pullitzer ones from Papyrus or these ones by Sugar Paper at Target
- Air Plant-My sister gifted me with an air plant from Prismatic Gardens for Christmas and I love it. It adds a small touch of green and is super easy maintenance. I love this one This plant mister from Urban Outfitters is just as pretty as it is functional and use it for my airplant and other plants around the apartment.
After complaining about wanting a new desk for over a year, he finally got his dream desk, or close enough to it. He ended up ordering a stand to hold his monitors to give it a more clean look and is happy to not have his tower on the floor( much to Annabell’s dismay). His is more of a work station and dwarfs my simple desk in comparison. Next on his list is to buy upgraded computer parts and build a new one.
I will hopefully have an updated apartment post soon. We just bought new curtains for the living room and finally have a sofa cover since the sofa has some scratch marks and tears on it(thanks to Annabell). Since I will be working from home and going back to a later schedule I should be back to posting regularly again or at least aiming for one post a week.
Hope everyone is having a great week!