Spring/Summer means shedding heavy winter layers for lighter materials, and switching from saturdated dark colors for light and bright colors. For me, it also means changing to a smaller bag. The last thing I want is to have to lug around a large filled bag around in the heat with me(unless going to the beach or on a picnic). A small bag however doesn’t mean boring and can be a great way for adding a pop of color to your wardrobe that you may normally shy away from.
My top picks for minibags
- Madewell Twin Pouch Crossbody– This a great no-frills crossbody bag that can be used year round and I love the dusty rose color of this bag. The straps are removable so you can wear this as a clutch and makes organization easy with the two zippered pouches.
- Loefeller Randall Mini Rider Bag– A shruken down version of their popular rider bag. The print of the bag is perfectly named porcelin with its blue floral pattern. This is available in a leopard print and some solid neutrals as well.
- Tory Burch Thea Flat Wallet– This perfect for when you need to make a quick errand or for a night out on the town. Aside from holding cash and cards, there is just enough room for you a phone, keys, and a lipgloss.
- Coach Swagger Wristlet – I’m typically not a fan of Coach, however the colorblocking of bright colors paired with the neutral shades of cream and brown easily make this a great choice for your warm weather wardrobe. Wear this crossbody bag or as a wristlet making this a great day-to-night bag.
- ZAC Zac Posen Embellished Ertha– The signature bag in a mini size gets updated with a feminine twist. Embellished with flowers that pop from the bag makes this perfect for a nice spring or summer day.
- Kate Spade Flavor of the Month– Is there anything better than grabbing some ice cream on a hot day or night? I love everything about this bag from the mint green color of the truck to the sprinkle details
Louis Vuitton Pochette Accessoires– This item has a special place in my heart. The first piece of Louis Vuitton I bought for myself and ever owned.The new updated version features a longer strap to fit over your shoulder and an interior pocket for your phone. This is great to use on its own (over the shouler or as a very large wrislet) or to use in a larger bag to help you keep it organized. If you don’t mind pre-owned, Fashionphile is a great \. You find limited edition pieces and they also offer a layaway payment plan. LXR&CO is another great option for pre-owned. You can purchase older/vintage pieces and you can get items at a reasonable price.
Mini Bag Essentials– Scaling down to a smaller bag not only means having to carry only what you need, but also the size of the items you carry. These are the essentials I carry with me
My top picks for accessories
- Michael Kors Jet Set Card Case– This is a perfect accessory for a small bag. It will keep your cards organized and has a slot perfect for your I.D. There is also a pocet perfect for storing cash
- Herschel Supply Oxford Wallet– Known for their quality products and resonable pricing makes Herschel a no brainer if your looking for a compact wallet. They have a variety of colors,offer leather options ,and have some other smalk wallet options as well. This looks like a miniature version of my laptop case
- Target Credit Card Holder– Small accessories are great for showing off personality. I love the quirky cat print of this card holder. There are exterior slots for cards and the center zipped compartment is great for change, bills, or storing more cards
- Louis Vuitton Key Pouch– Of the few LV pieces I have, this is my most used item.I use mine more like a wallet. Perfect for all of my cards , some cash and coins, and my keys can be clipped. This is also great for storing your keys so it doesn’t scratch the inside of you bags of the items you carry. This is perfect if you don’t feel like carrying a purse and need to run to the store.
- Tangle Teezer Compact Styler– I love nothing more than driving with the windows down when the weather is nice, however it usually results in my hair looking a tangled mess. The Tangle Teezer makes detangling and smoothing hair a breeze and the compact size makes it easy to take with you on the go.
- EO Organic Peppermint Botanical Hand Sanitizer Spray– Hand sanitizer is a staple in my handbag. This one from EO makes it easy to take with you and also comes in gel form and a larger 2 oz spray.
- EOS Smooth Stick Lip Balm– I am a huge fan of their smooth spheres, however the shape can be a bit bulky when shrinking your bag size. Thankfully, they offer their lip balm in a more purse friendly stick shape.
Balenciaga Giant Porte Monnaie M– I love Balenciaga and their bags and accessories are made from buttery soft leather that gets better with age. You can use this for your wallet or to store your other bag essentials to keep your bag organized. I love the rose color and this is offered in standard black,navy, hunter green, gray ,and a lighter pink.
What are your favorite mini bags for spring/summer or your small bag essentials?