I can’t believe there is one remaining day for 2015! If you asked me a year ago what I wanted to do or where I would be at the end of the year, I probably would have told you I wanted to go back to school either for supply chain management or environmental engineering. I probably would have believed that I would be living the dream life in Portland OR ( or Seattle, WA) by September working an office job and living the Portlandia life. Honestly, I feel like I didn’t have any expectations for the year . It seems like every year I have goals and accomplishments in mind , but never really follow through with them. I tend to drift along and go through the same routine and before I know it the year is over with and nothing to show for it.
For me, 2015 was a year of motivation and self accomplishments. I’ve found a career path I want to follow and have made the steps to make this a reality. I’ve started coding and found it’s something I really like and plan on getting into software development. I went back to school to finish my degree in Business Administration. One of the highlights for me was starting this blog. I’ve enjoyed being able to share things about myself and things that I like with others. For me it’s interesting to see what people respond to over Twitter and Instagram and being able to connect with others. While I am sad Garrett and I didn’t make it out of Syracuse, we’ve talked and made a decision to check out Austin, TX instead. Jobs are abundant in the tech field and cost of living is reasonable and I’m already starting to do research on the city.While somethings I wanted to do haven’t been accomplished (magic mirror, penny table), I still plan on following through with those plans.
Goals for 2016
- Continue to learn coding languages and set up a scheduled so I log in more consistently.
- Get back into clean eating (Garrett and I do eat well, but definitely have let some bad eating habits back into our lives)
- Work out- What better way to maximize the benefits of a clean diet than to work out and live an overall clean lifestyle
- DIY Projects- Now that my old bed is out of the spare room, I have some space to work on some DIY projects.
- Austin, TX -I am trying to plan a trip Austin, TX with GMB this spring to check things out before moving.
- Blogging- Continue to work on improving the blog. My goals are to work on posting better content, post more consistently, and code my own theme.
- Write an original song –Music is something I am passionate about and something I have wanted to do is write my own song. I don’t plan on starting a music career, but figured this would be a good challenge to myself
- Time Management- Learning how to plan projects and make sure I am using time efficiently to get goals accomplished.
Thank you for following along with me for the last few months of 2015. I never thought I would have started a blog and have a small ,but growing following. I hope you continue to follow along on my journey into 2016 and see what unfolds. I wish everyone a Happy New Year filled with good health and happiness!