These days my Instagram not only allows me to show my sense of style to others and connect with people, it also works as a style diary. I am able to see what items I wear repeatedly and what I wear them with. It also gets me to wear items that may not see the light of day and get more wear from more items. The downside is seeing my feed filled with gorgeous photos with gorgeous items that I start to covet. Here are a few things I am currently loving.
Bucket Bag- When the bucket bag trend started out, I was not a fan. It wasn’t until seeing this bag appear constantly in my feed that I started to take notice. I like that they aren’t as bulky as a tote and can carry quite a bit.
- Mansur Gavriel has been all the rage the past few years with bloggers and street style stars. The bags come in different colors(mini bucket has the option of different interior colors) and are hard to get your hands on.
- Louis Vuitton Noe – Pre-owned bags are a great way to save money and a good option if you prefer a more vintage look/feel. I love the look of vintage Noe bags .
- Alexander Wang Diego -If you know me, then you know I have a weakness for bags and shoes with studs. The hazel color is easy to wear and I love the rose gold studs!
Flares-Flares have been featured for the past few years with articles saying the style is coming back, however it seems like recently I have been seeing these show up on my Instagram feed,clothing websites and in stores. I’m not exactly short (I’m 5’7), however I always seem to be drowning in flares when I try them on. I will be the first to admit, I’m lazy and don’t want to go through the effort of having to get them tailored, however I would make the effort for the right pair.
- Joe’s Jeans-This is my brand when it comes to denim. I love the medium dark wash of these flares and I find the fading and whiskering on their jeans to be flattering.
- Free People-Known for their bohemian style of clothes and their flares are no exception. I love ripped jeans and these ripped knee flares have that perfect laid back look . Go for a full boho vibe with a flowy top and fur vest or casual in vintage band shirt or loose white t-shirt.
- Rag&Bone -The inky dark wash and clean minimal look make these the perfect pair of jeans for dressing up for a night out.
Fresh Flowers– I have been trying to eliminate impulse shopping, not just for the closet, but overall. However anytime I see a photo of a gorgeous flower bouquet or a photo of someone standing in front of a stall at a flower market I get the urge to go out and buy flowers. Since I live in Syracuse, NY, sadly we don’t have a vendor that sells fresh floral bouquets at our market year round, however this is probably a good thing for my wallet.
Pink-Lately I have been gravitating towards the color pink (more of a soft pink than neon) from coats to shoes. What could be better than feeling like your bundled up in some cotton candy?
- J.Crew Stadium Cocoon coat-I love the cut of the coat and am in love with the bubble gum pink color with the gold accent hardware.
- Calypso Cashmere Scarf-If a jacket is too much commitment , a scarf is a great way to incorporate this color into your wardrobe and something you can get more wear out of.
- Free People -This looks like the type of sweater you buy in multiple colors and live in. The color ballet is a perfect soft pink and will go well with any shade of denim.
Planner: With the year coming to an end in a few weeks(I can’t believe it) I have been on the search for a new planner. I get asked why I don’t use my phone to enter appointments and reminders. For me, it’s because when I see the alert or notification, I usually ignore it. I like to be able to jot down notes and have a physical copy of reminders.
- The Bloggers Planner-I love the cute covers that are offered and you have the option to choose size, cover, and can customize a cover title. Aside from being able to write down appointments like most agendas, there is a section for content planning, a wish list among other features.
- Louis Vuitton -If you can’t tell, I love Louis Vuitton.At $365, this is an investment item. I love that the agenda covers have slots where you can put credit cards and a pocket where you can place receipts, notes, or cash making this usable as a wallet as well. I do like that instead of buying a new planner every year, you just need to replace the agenda fill which can be found for cheap on ebay.
- The Mon Monogram is a great option if you want more customization that a basic hot stamp of your initials.
What are some things that you are loving on Instagram?