Aside from reading blogs here on WordPress and beyond, one of my favorite things to do throughout the day is read articles. I like staying up to date and informed on what’s going on in the world around me and being able to have discussions on articles that I have read( usually with my friend Letty) . I have come a long way since the days of reading comics only. Here are the top websites I check on a daily basis.
- New York Times – I love the variety of topics on their website and is usually one of the first sites I visit to find out what’s going on. I love their 36 Hours series and finding out about different cities to add to my list of places to visit and the food section makes my mouth water. My favorite section in the paper is the style section and I love seeing the fashions and styles Bill Cunningham captures.
- Seattle Times– Seattle is a city I have considered and am still considering relocating to so I like staying up to date with what’s going on in the Northwest. I love the Biz/Tech section and like keep up to date on the housing market .
- The Muse– Great articles with tips and advice on how to be more productive at your job or how to look for a new one with tons of articles of how to create the best resumes. I also love the Explore Companies section that gives you an inside look of different companies and what goes on in their office.
- Skillcrush– Like TheMuse, they have great articles with tips and advice on job searching ,but is geared more towards tech based job(web development, graphic design) .This has been particularly helpful since wanting to become a front-end developer. The also offer programs that you can enroll in.
- Inc.com– I like staying up to date on what’s going on in the business world. I like being informed on new companies on the rise and what companies/business do in order to gain success.
- CNET-I love finding out what is going on in the world of technology .Finding out what new gadgets are coming out and what companies are developing. I also love reading their product reviews.
What are some websites you like to go to for news and/or articles?