When I was younger, my favorite season was summer. Summer meant no school, taking family trips,and playing outside. Now that I am older, autumn is now my favorite season. The cool and crisp air, the changing colors of the leaves and pumpkin spice everything. Most of all, I love fall fashion and wearing lots of layers. Here are my top picks for fall fashion.
There is nothing like fighting the cold air like a comfy cozy sweater. From crew necks to cardigans the options are endless. My current favorite is a striped turtleneck from Madewell that I have been wearing at least once a week.
Favorite Fall sweaters
- Madewell-Definitely not your average sweater, with the contrast color on the back and the faux wrap front. I am a fan of the hi-lo cut their sweaters usually have
- Woolrich-When I think of cozy fall-time sweater this is what comes to mind. Cream colored and cable knit.I envision myself wearing this while reading a book and drinking some spiced cider in front of a fireplace.
- Target-A tunic sweater is great for fall and beyond. You can layer it under cardigans from extra warmth or put it over a chambray shirt. Definitely a wardrobe essential. I like this detailing on the back one.
One of my favorite ways to add extra warmth or a pop of color to an outfit. Scarves can be found everywhere and at all different price points.One of my favorite trends is the blanket scarf. This scarf is going to be a staple for fall and winter
Favorite fall scarves
- Nordstrom-Similar to the scarf from Zara that started the blanket scarf craze a year or two ago.Classic color combination that will go with a variety of colored sweaters and jackets.
- Burberry-While it is definitely a splurge item ,it’s also very timeless. One of my most beloved items in my closet is a Burberry scarf I received from my parents 11 years ago.Burberry offers their signature check in a multitude of colors and the option to have it monogrammed.
- Forever21-Nothing combats the cold harsh winds quite like a chunky knit infinity scarf. I love this in the cream color and the price.
I am one of those people that wear boots year round. They come in a variety of heights and style.Part of the reason I love fall is because the amount of boots that become available. Right now my go to pair are combat boots. I limited myself to just a few pairs and will probably write a more detailed post later on.
Favorite fall boots
- Zara-What kind of fashion blog would this be if I didn’t include a link to Zara.An ankle boot is a must have and I love the color of these.Ox blood/Burgundy is a great way to add some color to your shoe collection and is just is wearable as black or brown.The detail on the heel makes it stand out even more
- Kohls-The riding boot is the quintessential fall boot. I like the minimum buckle detail in the front and around the back of the boot. The black and tan combo is perfect for when you don’t know which color boot to go with and shoes you can pair black and brown.
- Chinese Laundry-This is probably my go to brand for boots. Being someone that has larger calves, I find that their boots are roomy enough to wear over a thick sock and jeans. A tall gray suede boot goes with everything.
Let’s face it, sometimes a sweater and a scarf just doesn’t cut it when the temperature starts dipping. A jacket is a great way to keep warm and can make a fashion statement. I love that the temperature is getting colder so I can wear my new jacket. When I saw this during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale earlier this year,I didn’t hesitate to buy this.The buffalo plaid print ,the wool material and it’s made by Pendelton.Everything about this screams Pacific NorthWest.
Favorite Fall jackets/outerwear
- Old Navy-This is a great coat for fall. . I love the texture of the jacket and the cocoon cut is a relaxed fit which allows you to add layers underneath .I might have to add this to my collection
- ASOS-The duster coat was seen on celebrities and fashion bloggers everywhere for the past few years and is sticking around for this fall/winter .Definitely a versatile piece.You can pair this with jeans and some oxfords to play up the masculine feel with it’s looser fit and long length or give it a more feminine feel and pair it with a dress This one from ASOS will definitely get you noticed with it’s vibrant orange color.
- Macy’s-Another gray jacket. I love the cut of this and the gray is unexpected. Whether you go with faux or real leather, it will become one of your most worn items in your closet since it pairs well with everything.
hats and socks
What better way to top off your outfit than with a hat or add an extra element to your outfit with a pair of cozy socks peeking out from your boots.
- H&M-Nothing says effortless cool quite like a slouchy beanie. H&M is one of my favorite places to buy knit hats
- Urban Outfitters-For when you want to add that je ne sais quoi element to an outfit, a beret is a great choice.
- Nordstrom-Floppy hats aren’t just for summer. This would go great with a flowy dress,ankle boots and a duster coat.
- J.Crew-J.crew makes great wardrobe basics and even socks are no exception .These would look great over leggings or a cropped skinny pant.I have a pair similar to these I wear peeking out from combat boots
- Boot cuffs&socks-Perfect for a taller boot and looks great with jeans or with a dress and some tights to provide extra warmth.
- Francesca’s-Another great alternative is the boot cuff .I love that these are reversible.
Hope you enjoyed some of my top picks. What are some of your favorite fall fashions ?